Meet Brett T. Laggan, DDS
Northwest Florida OMS in Pensacola, FL is focused on caring for you! Our team is what truly makes us special. From your first contact with our treatment coordinators to our specialty trained surgical assistants, we are committed to caring for our patients. Everyone at Northwest Florida OMS will do all they can to make your experience as comfortable and stress-free as possible
Dr. Laggan formed Northwest Florida Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in 2010 after completing 13 years of active-duty service in the United States Navy. He completed Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery residency at the Naval Medical Center in Portsmouth, where he served as Chief Resident. He continued his surgical career on active duty at Naval Hospital Pensacola where he deployed to U.S. Military Hospital Kuwait in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Dr. Laggan’s additional naval experiences include tours on USS John F. Kennedy, USS Gunston Hall and deployments to the Persian Gulf, the Mediterranean Sea, South America, and Africa.
Dr. Laggan provides a wide range of oral and maxillofacial surgical services. His clinical interests include dentoalveolar surgery, dental implant surgery, complex oral reconstruction, and treatment of facial deformities. In addition to private practice he serves as the department head of oral surgery at Baptist Hospital and cares for patients undergoing treatment for head and neck cancer. Dr. Laggan serves on the board of the local Escambia-Santa Rosa Dental Association and is the Past President of the Florida Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
Dr. Laggan is a diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (ABOMS) and the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology and is board certified through ABOMS. His professional associations include the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS), the Southeastern society of Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons and the Florida Society of Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons.
Dr. Laggan lives in Pensacola with his wife Christy. They enjoy visiting their children, Riley and Sam, who are both in college. Outside of the office, he enjoys cycling, running, hiking, skiing, boating and walking his dog Ajax.
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, Virginia, residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Ohio State University, Doctor of Dental Surgery
- Miami University, Bachelor of Science
- Escambia-Santa Rosa County Dental Association, past president
- American Dental Association, member
- Florida Dental Association, member
- Florida Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, board member
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- Southeastern Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support, instructor and provider
- Advanced Trauma Life Support, provider
- Basic Life Support, provider
- Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons and the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery certified